Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Weekend 2011

What a wonderful weekend. The weather was beautiful enabling us to get outside and enjoy. I was so happy I didn't have to take Olivia (again) dress shopping, her final attempt to find the "perfect" dress...for her 8th grade graduation and semi-formal.  She found it and let me say a big WAHOO. She also picked up some high heels to go with the dress which are pretty but a little high for me. She loves them.  While Tim brought Hannah, Olivia, and Emma on the hunt, I brought Jack and Sam fishing on the lake. Weee-he-he, good trade.  The boys fished on the dock while I sat in the boat with my feet up and read.

This morning, I helped Jack prepare a special Father's Day breakfast for his great Dad. Chocolate chip pancakes, which he made all by himself (Yummm) and bacon, which i was in charge of, with a fancy  strawberry fan on the side.  Complete with hot coffee and some Daddy cards and gift.  Although he would have loooved to sleep in, we HAD to wake him up to deliver our very special breakfast (C'mon!)  He was very happy none the less.

I promised Olivia I would bring her to have her nails done so we did. French manicure with a black swirl and silver design. Very pretty.  Of course, Hannah and Emma came along and they had their toenails painted in pretty shades of blue and purple with floral designs embellished on the big toes. Just lovely.  Afterwards, we enjoyed a scrumptious lunch from a sidewalk hot dog vendor.  It wouldn't be complete without a "quick" stop at Wally world before heading home.

Like two ships passing in the night, as we left Wally World, I received a text from Tim asking if we needed anything from...Wally World.  I quickly got on the phone and asked where he was.  As we were about to arrive at home, he and the boys were heading out to WW. Haircuts and something about video game credits.  The girls and I went to the dock, I painted my new paint-by-number piece (call me Picasso) and they took a spin on the paddle-boat and tried their hand with the fishing poles.  They also got some tanning in. Then it was time to head over to the Mosquito for some well-deserved ice cream.

We did end up meeting up with the boys eventually and we all took a ride on the boat and enjoyed a spin on beautiful Sebago Lake.  A great day to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment